Your St Albert wedding should reflect your personality. Are you always the center of attention? Do people give you strange looks because you are one of those creative types? If that is the case, your wedding should be different too!
How Do I Choose The Best Wedding Decorations In St Albert?
Every article, every book, even every piece of advice from Aunt Mary or mom is for the traditional bride; but what about the rest of you? Are you an actress who treats your wedding as a performance? Or, are you the artist with a baby- not a human one, but your work of art? The puppeteer who includes her puppets on the guest list? (Ok, I’m kidding about the last one- you need a doctor) Read on, this is for you.
Steps For Planning a Wedding - Wedding Planner
There is no easy shortcut to planning any wedding. There are so many decisions to make and things to organize, the task can get a little overwhelming, if you don't know where to start. If you can't afford to hire a wedding planner, the next best thing is to buy a great wedding planning guide that will help you plan your wedding, just like a professional but without the hefty price tag.
Steps For Planning A Wedding
You first have to set a realistic budget. If you are paying for the entire wedding yourselves, you will need to work out how much you can afford to pay for your wedding. Then work out a savings plan for the months leading up to your wedding, to ensure that you will be able to meet your budget.
If your parents are contributing to the wedding financially in some way, you need to get them to tell you how much they are willing to spend. You will also need to ask them how they are going to pay, either upfront or in payments. It's important you know what to expect, so that you don't find yourselves owing money, but not having the funds in time to make the necessary payments.
The second biggest expense is usually the bridal attire. Check out the discount bridal stores for bargains on everything including your dress, veil, shoes, gloves etc. You don't always have to go for a traditional wedding dress, you could look at places that sell evening gowns for something a little different and unique to you.
Once you have organized the basic elements of your wedding, you can then begin to plan for the other important details such as the cake, flowers, photographer, invitations etc. It is in the small details that can lead to derailing the best of plans. Therefore, you need to keep a close eye on every part of your itinerary so that you don't forget anything. When it's something as important as a wedding, it's important that you personally double check every detail and not leave the responsibility to someone else.
When all the wedding festivities in St Albert have settled down, it would be a gracious gesture for you to write a letter to your parents. Of course you have already thanked them in person for everything they did, but think of how surprised and touched they would be to receive a letter, telling your thoughts and conveying your appreciation at this important stage of your life.
Wedding Planning - How to Plan a Wedding
Planning a wedding can be a daunting and very stressful task. We highly recommend you take six months to a year to plan your wedding and will outline for you an easy-to-follow schedule.
Twelve months before the Wedding
- Get yourself a binder with paper and dividing tabs.
- Discuss with your fiancé and his/her families, plus your own, to determine a budget.
- Decide on your wedding theme e.g. Christmas, Fall, Snowflakes, Black and White, etc.
- Select a wedding date with your fiancé and families.
- Decide on your wedding attendants.
- Book a ceremony and reception location(s).
- Book your professional wedding photographer, florist, caterer, videographer, and DJ or wedding musicians.
- Make an appointment with your officiant. For most religious ceremonies, you may be required to attend pre-wedding counseling. For civil ceremonies, your officiant may require a meeting to discuss your wedding ceremony.
- Wedding gown shopping and first fittings should be looked after at this time.
- Shop for your wedding accessories, wedding veil or head piece, and wedding shoes.
- Begin preparation of the guest list. Be sure to include both sides of the family as guest lists are often a contentious issue. It will take time to decide on long lost cousins, work friends, neighbors, etc.
- Decide on gift registry locations and register.
- Begin your search for your honeymoon location. If you are getting married during a peak holiday season such as Christmas, you may need to book your honeymoon up to nine months in advance.
- Confirm with your caterer with one final review of the menu.
- Confirm with your officiant the venue and time of ceremony.
- Confirm with your photographer, videographer, DJ and/or wedding band.
- Confirm your honeymoon reservation and any special requests for the wedding night.
- Address any wedding announcements, stamp and set in preparation of mailing on your wedding day.
- Final visit to your hairstylist to review any last minute concerns or changes.
- Attend any last minute parties or bridal showers in your honor.
- Write any Thank you cards for gifts received at these functions.
- Give the caterer your final number of guests expected to attend.
- Bridesmaids and Flower Girl confirmation of the time they are expected to arrive.
- Purchase travel insurance for the honeymoon if you are leaving the country.
- Purchase travelers checks for the honeymoon holiday.
- Double check to be sure that travelers checks are accepted and easily cashed at your final destination.