Brides to be in Lansdowne are always looking for the most unique and current trending wedding ideas to follow. Newer trends that guests seem to live are thing likes wedding games, wine and cheese services and of course receptions with all sorts of fun ideas. Newly weds should always get the advice from close friends and family that have already been married to help make their special day perfect!
Do You Really Need A Wedding Centerpiece For Your Lansdowne Wedding Receiption?
We know it’s quite often that grooms and brides talk about if a Wedding Centerpiece is really needed at their wedding reception or not. But only they can decide that for themselves. You have to plan thing out carefully and take into consideration the needs of your family, friends and guests! Everyone wants to have fun so your Wedding Centerpiece should be an important decision!
Wedding Planning Checklist: A Timeline
As you prominently display the 3rd finger on your left hand...the news hits your mother, your best friend, your sister...and the screams begin. YOU'RE ENGAGED! You are on cloud nine. Everyone is so happy for you. And EVERYONE has planning advice, tips and referrals for you. Usually starting with, "my neighbor had ABC Company do her flowers", "my sister-in-law had invitations done by XYX", "and your 5th cousin Hilda's wedding was beautiful in the highlands of Scotland."
Just a moment ago, there was excitement and happiness thinking about this milestone and your impending future. Now, there is nothing but lists, lists, lists. To-do, To-call, To Buy, To Decide. Pretty soon your head will be swimming and your own vision for your wedding may begin to fade. So, how do you get your vision and your happiness back? Follow these 5 tips to help you get started planning your wedding:
1. Calm Down & Get Organized - A little bit of measured breathing never hurt anyone. Breathe. Now purchase a Wedding Planner Binder. There are 2 types of wedding binders, pre-made or self-made.
Pre-made Wedding Planner Binders can be purchased at stationary stores such as Hallmark or book stores such as Barnes & Noble. Some big retail discount stores such as Target and Wal-Mart may have some as well.
4. Finalize Budget - Now you know what a realistic budget may look like. Sit down with your family and/or fiancé and decide on a budget. My advice to brides is to build in 10-15% variance on their set budget. Until you start looking at all the proposals and finalizing contracts, there is the potential for any one service to be more or less than anticipated based on the market, time of year and location.
5. Plan - Now you've got your wedding planning well on its way. Grab your wedding planner binder and start with the basics, ceremony location, reception venue and wedding consultant. Follow the checklist provided. Happy Planning.
Wedding Planning Checklist: A Timeline
Are you recently engaged? If this is your first time planning a wedding things are about to get incredibly stressful. The good news is, with careful planning, you can lessen the stress and actually have fun planning your wedding day. Keep this checklist handy and refer to it often for help in putting your special day together without a hitch.
12 Months Before
- Put a binder together. Save clippings from bridal, design and food magazines. Whether it's an entire article or a simple picture that catches your eye, you'll have something to refer to.
- Budget. Figuring out your budget early will save you headaches later. How much will you dedicate to flowers? What about your dress? Include contributions from your family and your own savings.
- Pick your party. Decide now who your bridesmaids and groomsmen will be and ask them to take part. This will give you time to choose someone else should anyone decline the invitation.
- Book salon appointments for yourself and your bridesmaids.
- Choose music for both the wedding and the reception.
2 Months Before
- Begin finalizing all of the details.
- Purchase rings if you haven't already.
- Touch base with anyone you've hired to cater or work your wedding.
- Send out your invitations.
- Send your wedding announcement to the newspaper.
1 Month Before
- Purchase your marriage license.
- Attend your last dress fitting.
- Confirm all details with vendors and your salon.
- Purchase gifts for the wedding party.
- Get your hair cut.
- Pick up your dress.
- Check in for the last time with anyone working your wedding.
- Pack for your honeymoon.
- Get your nails done.