Brides to be in Rosslyn are always looking for the most unique and current trending wedding ideas to follow. Newer trends that guests seem to live are thing likes wedding games, wine and cheese services and of course receptions with all sorts of fun ideas. Newly weds should always get the advice from close friends and family that have already been married to help make their special day perfect!
Do You Really Need A Wedding Decorations For Your Rosslyn Wedding Receiption?
We know it’s quite often that grooms and brides talk about if a Wedding Decorations is really needed at their wedding reception or not. But only they can decide that for themselves. You have to plan thing out carefully and take into consideration the needs of your family, friends and guests! Everyone wants to have fun so your Wedding Decorations should be an important decision!
Wedding Planning - Where to Start!
Planning a wedding can be a daunting and very stressful task. We highly recommend you take six months to a year to plan your wedding and will outline for you an easy-to-follow schedule.
Twelve months before the Wedding
- Get yourself a binder with paper and dividing tabs.
- Discuss with your fiancé and his/her families, plus your own, to determine a budget.
- Decide on your wedding theme e.g. Christmas, Fall, Snowflakes, Black and White, etc.
- Select a wedding date with your fiancé and families.
- Decide on your wedding attendants.
- Book a ceremony and reception location(s).
- Book your professional wedding photographer, florist, caterer, videographer, and DJ or wedding musicians.
- Make an appointment with your officiant. For most religious ceremonies, you may be required to attend pre-wedding counseling. For civil ceremonies, your officiant may require a meeting to discuss your wedding ceremony.
- Wedding gown shopping and first fittings should be looked after at this time.
- Shop for your wedding accessories, wedding veil or head piece, and wedding shoes.
- Begin preparation of the guest list. Be sure to include both sides of the family as guest lists are often a contentious issue. It will take time to decide on long lost cousins, work friends, neighbors, etc.
- Decide on gift registry locations and register.
- Begin your search for your honeymoon location. If you are getting married during a peak holiday season such as Christmas, you may need to book your honeymoon up to nine months in advance.
- Confirm with your caterer with one final review of the menu.
- Confirm with your officiant the venue and time of ceremony.
- Confirm with your photographer, videographer, DJ and/or wedding band.
- Confirm your honeymoon reservation and any special requests for the wedding night.
- Address any wedding announcements, stamp and set in preparation of mailing on your wedding day.
- Final visit to your hairstylist to review any last minute concerns or changes.
- Attend any last minute parties or bridal showers in your honor.
- Write any Thank you cards for gifts received at these functions.
- Give the caterer your final number of guests expected to attend.
- Bridesmaids and Flower Girl confirmation of the time they are expected to arrive.
- Purchase travel insurance for the honeymoon if you are leaving the country.
- Purchase travelers checks for the honeymoon holiday.
- Double check to be sure that travelers checks are accepted and easily cashed at your final destination.
Is A Wedding Planner Necessary?
Overwhelmed? Do Step by Step Wedding Planning!
Feeling overwhelmed by all the notes you have to make, the suppliers you have to talk to, the appointments you need to show up for, and all the budgeting you will need to do? Slow down, breathe, and do step by step wedding planning.
Admittedly, planning your own wedding can be very daunting. Many brides-to-be start with so much enthusiasm, only to end up throwing their hands up in frustration. Make it easy on yourself by doing it step by step. Keep a list of everything that needs to be accomplished, too. That way, you can see where you are at, what you have done, and what you still need to do.
Below is a checklist that you can use for step by step wedding planning.
7. Send out invitations. Experts recommend doing this two months before the wedding date. If you are getting married out of town, send out invitations even earlier so your guests can make travel arrangements.
Finally, after you have done steps 1 to 7, you can now pick out your dress, souvenirs, flowers, and everything else. Keep a notebook and a pen handy at all times. These two tools are invaluable in your step by step wedding planning.